1) Hedvi – Guhagar :'Dashabuja Ganapati' In Every Month On 'Chathurthi' The Devotees Of Lord Ganesh Make A Point To Visit The Temple. The Idol Of Ganapati Was Created In Kashmir. The Idol Is Made From Marble. Goddess Laxmi Is Seated On The Laps Of Lord Ganapati. On The Body Of Ganapati There Is A Sacred Thread In The Form Of A Snake. Bow, Trishul, Club 'Modak' Chakra Lotus Are The Weapons In The Hands Of God Ganapati. This Temple Is Of The Time Of Peshwas And The Foundations Of Kelkar Swami. The Temple Was Renovated In 1956.
2) Jay Ganesh – Malvan :Situated at Malvan Jay Ganesh Temple is now on a ‘must see’ list of tourists. The Temple is built by Shri Jayantrao Salgaonkar, an astrologer of repute and creator of very popular almanac ‘Kalnirnay’. Situated in Medha locality of Malvan on ancestral family land of Salgaonkars, the Temple has been constructed as per the holy principles of Temple architecture in India. Shri Jayantrao personally supervised the construction. The presiding deity in the Temple is Lord Ganesha, much revered Elephant God of Maharashtra. The idol is of pure gold. This main idol in the sanctum sanctorum is in the traditional pose with Riddhi- Siddhi (consorts of Lord) on both sides. Siddhi is holding Dhol (Indian traditional percussion instrument) and sword in her hand while Riddhi has pen and paper in her hands. The hall has eight idols of Ganesh carved in the ceiling. One gets a very comfortable feeling of Lord Ganesh looking benevolently from all the eight directions at his disciple. The interior of the Temple is very rich and has used soothing colors. A five-day annual festival of Ganesh Jayanti is celebrated on 4th Day of Magh (month in Hindu Calendar). This day is also the anniversary day of the Temple.
The speciality of this Temple’s architecture can be seen on the early morning of Makar Sankranti (14th or 15th of January). On this day the early sunrays fall directly on the idol and one can see the glittering and shining Ganesha bathed in sunlight. Jayantrao Salgaonkar has named this Ganesha as Jay Ganesha so that the Ganesha may bestow ‘Jay’ (success) on his disciples.
3) Redi Ganesh – Vengurla :Temple is located approximately 30 km fromVengurla. The town in which this Temple is situated contains manganese mines and the Ganpati Idol was found in one of the mines near Rewati port in 1976. The Ganpati Idol is in a sitting position and approximately 15 meters in height. There is a small rocky beach behind the Temple.
4) Ganpatipule – Ratnagiri :Ganpatipule is a small town located in the district of Ratnagiri on the Konkan coast ofMaharashtra. The town of Chiplun is to its north. According to local folklore, the Hindu God -Ganpati, taking umbrage by a remark made by a native lady, moved to Pulé (a few km ahead of the town) from his original abode of Gulé. Thus the region was named Ganpatipule.400 years old Ganpati idol at Ganpatipule is said to have sprung up from the soil. This deity faces the West, so as to guard the western gates, unlike deities in other Indian Temples who face the east. The Temple is at the base of a hill, and pilgrims walk around (pradakshina) the hill as a mark of respect.
5) Nandigramcha Siddhivinayak – Murud :This Temple is about 200 years old. The idol was recovered from the soil(Mati) of flowing river water. It is 1.35m tall and the trunk is turned on the left side. One hand is in blessing posture. As per the old records it is learned that in the year 1774 during the tenure of Peshwe Savai Madhavrao, this idol was prayed.
6) Suvarna Ganesh - Diveagar :Suvarna Ganesh (Golden Ganesha) is in Diveagar village, which is in Shrivardhan taluka in Raigad district situated near seashore, is hidden in coconut and betel-nut trees. Suvarna Ganpati’s idol (Golden Ganesha idol) was buried to save it from Arab invasion. Later on it appeared in 1997. This Golden Ganesha is of southern style from Shilahar, having uncomparable carving. Divegar village is spread in about 5 sq. km. area. Trade history in this village goes to 2000 year back. Traders used to trade with foreign countries from Shrivardhan, Rajapuri, Revdanda and Chaul etc. Harbors of Konkan coast, Mandar pattanam on Dandarajpuri creek and Palipattan on Bankot creek were prominent center of foreign trade.
7) Kadyawarcha Ganpati – Anjarle :In Aanjarle Village On The Seashore The Temple Built On Huge Mountain Is Known As 'Ganapati Of Kadyawar'. After Crossing The Jog River Creek, There Is Aanjarle Village. In Earlier Times There Were Two Temples In The Sea, One Of Aanjarleshwar and Other Of Ganapati. They Got Drowned In The Sea, Later On Ganapati Temple Was Built On A High Mountain. The Temple Must Be Of Madhavrao Peshve Period. There Are 250 Steps To It. There Is A Lake In Front Of It. It Has A Big Hall and A Stone Staircase. There Is Water Fountain In The Hall, There Is A Dome, Are and Many Pillars In The Temple. The Place Is Cool and Pleasant In Dapoli Taluka With Seashore and Forest.
8) Mahaganpati – Thane :A pilgrim centre sacred twice over-for its Mahaganpati Temple and the Temple of Shri Vithoba. Another facinating Temple is the one at Ambarnath, dating back to the 11th century, and in the "Hemadpanti" style of architecture. By propitating Ganesh Idol, Consecrated by sage Kanva, Devi Shakuntala and king Dushyant came together after a long period of disagreement. Shakuntala and king Dushyant got married here only. Idol from Mahabharat period was vanished, while constructing lake peshwa saradar Ramchandra Mehendale got the present idol. The Madhavrao Peshwe consecrated this idol. If Mahaganapati is worshipped regularly marriages of desired people can be fixed easily. If Mahaganpati is propitlated properly, conflicts between husband and wife come to end. Those who desires to have son, will get son. In Mahaganpati’s Temple, there is sanctum of Lord Shivshankar towards right. In the right hand corner of the sanctum, padukas of great Ganesh devotees late Shri Vengaonkar Joshi are consecrated. Devotes should take darshan of these padukas. Since Mahaganapatis idol was worshipped properly and scientifically by sages in ancient times, today also idol looks alive. There is a Temple of Vithoba - Rukmini near Mahaganpati’s Temple. One iron tube is sent out of sanctum of this Temple. It is said that sound of Bhajans (holy songs in praise of God) going on in the Temple of Pandharpur can be heard from this tube. You can also visit nearly places like satis memorial, Jaypal Maharaj’s Samadhi, Shiv Temple in Vasundry village.
(TWO ASHTAVINAYAK GANPATI’S VIZ. PALI AND MAHAD NOT INCLIDED IN ABOVE EIGHT)